Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » GBooky and result inputs late

no hugin
GBooky and result inputs late on 19.07.08 16:28
http://www.gamestv.org/event/5963-the-united-force-vs-megaubersupereuromix/#comment241616

Quoting myself:
Well maybe it is the system who is wrong, depending on the match result from the players themselves seems a bit random at best.
Should be done by admin on this site, and btw, admin on this site should really take the betting a bit more seriously, it can be a big thing, for the site in general, good PR to give out to the www, even tho it is funny money :)

Anyhoo my 2 cents on this
And get ur irc channels up guys
nl arni
and you're proposing what?

that we send admins to all matches to record the score? - if thats your proposal, the position just opened up

Scores are entered by the match manager who confirmed to us, that he is willing and able to take care of the match until its completion - not much more we can do
no hugin
I am trowing in some ideas to build on.
And yes, maybe you need some more admin in here.
But you know that more than i do.

From your post I don't think you see the potential in getting this betting to a higher level.
For my own part I am involved in to much else regarding gaming i really don't have the time.

1. Results should be upgraded less than 12 hours after an match
2. Betting system should automatically give back your bet money if a match is rescheduled more than 24 hours further in to time
3. Don't be so afraid when some outsider actually are trying to give some positive feedback to your site.
You never know, it might come in handy some day.....
nl arni
1. Fully agree, but not always up to us - the alternative for us would be to cancel if we dont know the score

2. In most cases you can cancel your bets in this case - if not then a highadmin will be to reopen the bets

3. You're suggesting something that simply wont work - we cant have admins for up to 40 games a day checking on all the scores - thats why i'm opposing your proposal.
au Syd
maybe more practical proposal:

allow match organisers to enter results as normal, if none are entered allow viewers to enter one with the option for other viewers to challenge it for afew hours (which will put it into pending for an admin to sort out incase of a fake score being entered)

Really the match organizer should be taking the responsibility to enter it themselves, but for those cases where they haven't this might be an alternative.
de swine
match organisers can enter the scores already.
i personally like the idea to give viewers the access to enter a score
nl h3ll
Quote by swinematch organisers can enter the scores already.

erhm i do not agree with that, some people act like gbooky is real money, i think it would be a big mess if we give all people access to enter a score
no hugin
Quote by arni3. You're suggesting something that simply wont work - we cant have admins for up to 40 games a day checking on all the scores - thats why i'm opposing your proposal.

Eh what? It was a joke.... You are answering to something that isn't there....
Still, it is all as i thought, no offense but you should see the potential in the betting and making it even more interesting for the viewers.

And will create more chaos than it will do good, giving more stress to the admins in charge and wasting time to correct scores.
Will never work, thrust on the Internet? Never work...
au Syd
22.07.08 14:30, Last edited: 22.07.08 14:44

that's what I meant by 'as normal' ;)

Quote by huginAnd will create more chaos than it will do good, giving more stress to the admins in charge and wasting time to correct scores.

err, the vast majority of matches are updated by the organiser. Say 4 out of 5 matches remaining users enter the results right (someone usually puts the score in the matches thread anyway). that's 1/5th less scores that an admin would have find out anyway.

Sure, you're trusting the users, but you're also giving other users the opportunity to say 'hey, that result isn't what it's supposed to be' for user entered scores.
de swine

And will create more chaos than it will do good, giving more stress to the admins in charge and wasting time to correct scores.
Will never work, thrust on the Internet? Never work...[/quote]

who says it wont work? just look at the ESL matches or something where the teams have to fill in the scores on their own. team a fills in a score and then team b can confirm it or enter a new result...same could be used for gtv.
a user/team fills in the score and if noone enters another result during 12 hours it will get confirmed. if a user/team fills in another score then the guy who did the match request will get a mail that there is a problem with the result.
no hugin
Quote by swine

Will never work, thrust on the Internet? Never work...

who says it wont work? just look at the ESL matches or something where the teams have to fill in the scores on their own. team a fills in a score and then team b can confirm it or enter a new result...same could be used for gtv.
a user/team fills in the score and if noone enters another result during 12 hours it will get confirmed. if a user/team fills in another score then the guy who did the match request will get a mail that there is a problem with the result.[/quote]

I'm talking about the random user, badly explained by me.
nl h3ll
'esl matches' <- esl is running competitions, they have teams and those teams are linked to users (people who are in the team), if we would link teams with users we could also just run our own cups.. ;p
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.