Forum » Our Games » Enemy Territory » New Maps needed??

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
de blAckmAmbA
New Maps needed?? on 21.05.09 21:00
After TosspoT´s Interview at CF, there are great discussions about the maplist for our favourite game.

What maps would you like to play in the next seasons and months?

i would prefere this maplist:

sw_goldrush_te
radar
frostbite
bremen
delivery
supply
reactor
mp_assault_rc1
et_depot
blAckmAmbA deleted his own post (21.05.09 21:02)
nl h3ll
TosspoT's view is as spec/shoutcaster, not as a player. If I would base my view on speccing: 'new' maps are great to watch imo, showmatches even better :P
As a player; I'm fine with the maps atm, except for these CB maps like battery :p
de cl4ym4n
We don't need ETTV at all when every match looks the same because of the maps... and tbh supply is overplayed for more than 2 years...

The oldschool maps like et_village, sos_secret_weapon etc. should get another chance... however for most of the teams they are like brand new maps since they havent been regulary played for quite a long time now...
de sHiZo
22.05.09 01:30, Last edited: 22.05.09 01:36
I remember supply being taken out of the cb maplist, everyone cried and they even created an irc chan called #we-want-supply or something like that. As a player I love playing supply (but only once a day, right now its played in every 3on3/6on6 irc war), but as a viewer, it's really boring, et in general is kinda boring to watch, at least for me. (Haven't followed any ettv matches since months). With the lack of good english shoutcasters + new maps (REALLY NEW MAPS, not old one in a new shape) kill the entertainment factor for me.

I do think that we would need a hell of an good map that could people move away from supply and the other usually played maps. It's not only about Leagues that need to accept the maps and add them to their lists, it's more about the community itself, if the average player likes it or not. If you searched for an irc war and wanted to pracc a (back in the days) new map like karsiah or <insert_any_other_new_map>, everyone cried.

Maybe eiM or any other skilled mapper will soon show us some nice new maps. But... it's not like there wasn't any good new et maps created in the past, it's just the IGNORANT and stupid community that doesn't give new maps a try. Simple as that. Sometimes I watch splatterladder (with wolfmap news) and there are news posted of new maps being in beta/final which look very promising (many of them are even made for comp) but no one gives it a try...

Hope dies last, lets see.

Either TosspoT or someone with power in this Community should look over on wolfmap/splatterladder or somewhere else and should host some new testcups to push new maps in to the community. It's not like delivery was any new map, or battery, just old ones in a new shape/look for competition. Boring and not really new if you ask me.
nl fusi
sw_goldrush_te
supply
radar
bremen
delivery
reactor
cathedral
warbell

that would be the shit
nl zushi
Quote by fusisw_goldrush_te
supply
radar
bremen
delivery
reactor
cathedral
warbell

that would be the shit
de ng
remove supply and goldrush and replace them with some new maps, like sw_battery and stuff.
de sanjiii
what do u think about maps like:
- et_beach
- et_ice
- tc_base

or maps like
- fueldump_sw
- battery_sw
ee Popidiot
VENICE IN
pl phase
supply, radar, adlernest, delivery, reactor, grush, something new, something new.
nl h3ll
Quote by ngremove supply and goldrush and replace them with some new maps, like sw_battery and stuff.

whats the point of that? to make it great to spec but let players play shitmaps? honestly battery sucked from its release and still sucks.. :x
pl AbouT!
gold
radar
reactor
delivery
tc base
adler
pt shadz
Goldr
radar
delivery
oasis <3
adler
tcbase
b4
nl Lama
the shorter the better, i prefer highly dynamic maps, where a small thing can really fuck things up. I think most teams whine because they seem to define it as lotto, i just think as that when you don't make the mistakes, you are truely good!
de sanjiii
Quotethe shorter the better, i prefer highly dynamic maps, where a small thing can really fuck things up. I think most teams whine because they seem to define it as lotto, i just think as that when you don't make the mistakes, you are truely good!

example?
us Gero
Quote by sanjiiiexample?

warbell xD
nl Lama
Quote by sanjiii
Quotethe shorter the better, i prefer highly dynamic maps, where a small thing can really fuck things up. I think most teams whine because they seem to define it as lotto, i just think as that when you don't make the mistakes, you are truely good!

example?

i think frostbite is a good example, eventhough you can see it as a 3-stage map, you can easily bypass the first stage which gives a lot of trouble defending. If you don't position correct in a short period you're fucked. One good rush with the documents can really change the whole game. Which is nice from a viewers perspective (we all remember the sqzz doc run?, or the drago pf) and that's a thing i miss in for example supply. If i play supply i know as spectator exactly what is going to happen the upcoming minutes because the spots are easy and it's always the same. And yes it's the viewer perspective, and mayby i'm not a frequent player, but I enjoy games more that have that sudden change. That's when the real thinkers get there chance to make fast decisions and change the whole game.
de sTeiner37th
Reactor
et_Ice
Grush
Adler
Bremen_b2
and Frostbite are cool Maps
de sanjiii
oldsql maps maybe??

i think its cool to see maps like ice, frostbite, beach, base again
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.