Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » Radio flags

ca Titef
Radio flags on 01.10.09 22:37
Well as you can see, Every radio have the nationality of the dedicated or the shoutcast server is located, but it's quite confusing, my Radio server is french but sometime i change it to English, quite Confusing for people, i would suggest to put the flag we want (same as the language) because that won't be confusing anymore (like in match for players)
de cl4ym4n
Eh...

If the people cant read what language is spoken on a radiostream, its their fault, not GTV's...

Besides that i doubt that this take-every-flag-you-want feature would be useful at all... requestees would just start faking the location of their matchservers to gain ping-advantage to the opposing team.
ca Titef
i don't mean the gameservers but only the Radio's
gb msh100
Simply put, it isn't confusing, if you can't read what it says, you're a moron :)
de twist3r
Quote by msh100Simply put, it isn't confusing, if you can't read what it says, you're a moron :)

Disagree, things should be as simple and transparent as possible. If i see a flag next to a shoutcast I'd usually assume its the language spoken - why on earth would anyone care for the location of the shoutcast server?

It's unneccesary and I agree that it should rather be changed.
nl h3ll
Quote by twist3r
Quote by msh100Simply put, it isn't confusing, if you can't read what it says, you're a moron :)

Disagree, things should be as simple and transparent as possible. If i see a flag next to a shoutcast I'd usually assume its the language spoken - why on earth would anyone care for the location of the shoutcast server?

lol, you should watch the 'listen to' part, then u also see the language, thats where u click if u want to listen right? :p
ca Titef
Quote by h3ll
Quote by twist3r

lol, you should watch the 'listen to' part, then u also see the language, thats where u click if u want to listen right? :p

yeah maybe but it's quite confusing seeing a flag with a region, i know that All french guys, when there is another flag than french, they don't even look on "listen to", i know it's a bit stupid but we seriously don't care about the location of the shoutcast server ! wait for others reply and you could see everyone that are confused.
nl h3ll
04.10.09 12:22, Last edited: 04.10.09 12:30
Quote by Titef
Quote by h3ll
Quote by twist3r

yeah maybe but it's quite confusing seeing a flag with a region, i know that All french guys, when there is another flag than french, they don't even look on "listen to", i know it's a bit stupid but we seriously don't care about the location of the shoutcast server ! wait for others reply and you could see everyone that are confused.

I dont care about the server location either, I dont even care about the name of the server! Thats why I only check 'Listen to: <name of the shoutcaster>' and 'Language: <lang of shoutcast>' LoL :X

edit: quick example:
nl arni
apart from most that has already been said, we dont do it because there is no clear language -> country or vice versa mapping - flags represent countries and not languages
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.