Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » Manual rating

ch Gabri22
Manual rating on 10.08.12 22:41
It happens that sometimes good matches have 0/1 star and it is difficult to find them in the list when there are 10/15 other matches (all 0/1 star) like on sundays.

My idea is to give the admins the possibility to change the rating manually.
So we could give 2/3 stars to matches with good players that are only displayed with 0/1, this feature could be used to highlight lower leagues finals too.

What do you think?
gb KAMZ
I already put similar idea, should be done imo
pl Robert
most games with 1 star should be 0 stars anyway. and 95% of 3on3 games.
gb KAMZ
11.08.12 04:38, Last edited: 11.08.12 06:20
The final of Polish tournament should be 2 stars, evo lb final for colt45/mpg should be 3 stars and also the grand final vs overload, sick6/IYA SC lb final should be 3 stars and the final vs overload too. overload/noble 3on3 oc premier lb final should be 1 star and maybe monkeys/synergy 3rd league lb final too. Rest 0.

All these matches should be appearing in a seperate list away from the random 3on3's, etc.

I said earlier I would be happy to be somebody who deals with manual ratings if admins are inactive, etc but h3ll said something in the previous thread that manual ratings will never be done.

How about the idea to give teams a rating based on their level of skill? So if two 3 star teams play each other, it's automatically 3 star match. It's better than the current average viewer peak implementation imo.
nl arni
Quote by KAMZsick6/IYA SC lb final should be 3 stars

I'll consider this as a false rating by us if:
  • You get more than 300 viewers on that match

• We have not rated this match 3 stars at least 24 hours before the match

But i really dont think that will be the case
gb KAMZ
No matches will get 300 viewers because of the summer vacation. That does not mean these matches are not 3 star worthy.
nl arni
okay, so i checked the numbers ...

the game with the highest peak in the last 3 month is this one: http://www.gamestv.org/event/33492 - thats our current 10/10 rated game

If you do the math explained here: http://www.gamestv.org/faq/28-matchratings-explained-the-stars-unfolded/

you will currently need 159 viewers to get 3 stars

doable?

EDIT: Or only a tiny 52 viewers for 2 stars ...
KAMZ deleted his own post (11.08.12 18:18)
nl arni
Currently the system expects between 40 and 66 viewers for your "3 star match" - which means you even got lucky because we rounded up your actual 3.6/10 score to 4 making it a 2 star match

gonne be interesting what the actual viewerpeak will be :-)
gb KAMZ
QuoteI'm not quite sure what you mean. Aren't the stars displayed before the match? What do you mean 159 viewers to get 3 stars?

Oh ok so you mean the average viewer peak. But my point is, some teams don't have high viewer peaks (e.g. overload 63) but are 3 star worthy. There really needs to be something else.
nl arni
as an experiment i've changed the "lookback" for the last 10/10 match from 3 to 2 month to better react to seasonal up and downs

this means, that the last 10/10 match only had 159 viewers

the update of all dependant scores can take quite a while (at least 24h) but general score level should be higher then
gb KAMZ
11.08.12 23:38, Last edited: 11.08.12 23:51
Not to sound rude but that's hardly a significant change.

I mean, IYA only has a 25 viewer peak average but are a really good looking team on paper. This feature of viewer peaks is not really effective if you ask me.

Some Ideas:

1. Give teams a rating. Anexis,PDEG,Queens,colt45,mpg,sick6,IYA,JB,OVERLOAd should all be rated 3 stars and any matches involving a combination of these teams should be rated with that :\

Same for nations - Finland, Poland, Estonia, UK, Germany, NL and Belgium should be 3 stars.

Maybe you can scrap the whole 0-3 star thing and just have a choice of two.

2. A feature to add matches as semi finals and finals so if league = Eurocup or any Opencup for that matter and round = semi final or final -> move match to featured match. Should be not too hard to make a system where you can drop leagues into a pile and put which rounds can appear in featured matches e.g. Eurocup -> All, Opencup Premier -> Semi and Final, Other OC's -> Final only.

h3ll wanted ideas and I just gave him 2 :(
pl fanatic
12.08.12 11:23, Last edited: 12.08.12 11:42
"I mean, IYA only has a 25 viewer peak average but are a really good looking team on paper." - if they were a really good team that attract so many people, they would have a bigger viewer peaks but like you said they have 25 average so it speaks for itself.

your games are not even 10/10 in last 2 months even though according to you you've got so many 'allstars' in the lineup. :D 3 of your previous games that you say were between "top 3 stars team" had only 115 and 102 and 87 viewers yet you keep saying everywhere that your team is top/3 stars only fuc* the gtv system/the only one that should be allowed to play on gamestv and fuc* noobs teams etc. even my lowest ec grand final ever had 50 more viewers than you. same with cracow lan grand final. so the only thing you care of is to get more viewers and more attention to your team to brag(?) about it everywhere or what? and that's why you keep giving some ideas to boost your viewer peak. why didn't you come with so many ideas when you were "inactive"? :]
gb KAMZ
12.08.12 16:51, Last edited: 13.08.12 04:54
how can i come up with ideas when i'm inactive?

everything i say is for the benefit of the site and the community. i don't need to prove anything to anybody. my community contributions are more than most including yourself. your personal hatred leaves you to believe that i'm inventing ideas just for the benefit of my team when the fact of the matter is colt45 will fold right after evo challenge is over. and my idea is a long term proposal. i will be going inactive after the lan again but not before helping seanza with a promotional video for adroits to help boost interest in the game.

if anybody has shown they care about viewer peaks for his own team, it is you regarding your comment bragging about getting more viewers for the ec final..
pl fanatic
you were spamming cf and gtv 24/7 while "inactive" so that's how
gb KAMZ
12.08.12 22:02, Last edited: 12.08.12 22:37
I didn't read cf once whilst inactive, so that's one thing wrong.

And was only on GTV maybe a couple of hours a week, which is nothing. Almost though. Applauding the effort.
nl arni
Quote by KAMZNot to sound rude but that's hardly a significant change.

Well to make that simple then: There wont be a manual game rating system - It's possible to improve the current system if it has obvious flaws, but admins rating games based on personal preference wont happen ...

And another point you make is that "importance" and number of viewers are not directly related - I personally dont think that is the case
gb KAMZ
I think my 2nd idea could work and seems plausible. What do you think?
de skooli
Maybe we could look into expanding the scale over 5 stars instead of 3 since most matches are in the 0/1 star area; hence making a further breakdown of that range interesting.
gb KAMZ
Could be better yeah. But the upcoming featured matches really needs fixing. I mean looking at it right now:

waYne satan satan
et ESL Summer Series 2012
Today, 19:00 WEST
e: Effectus S'agapo S'agapo
et ESL Summer Series 2012
Today, 20:00 WEST
miAmi miAmi Tabloid Junkies tb
et CB ET 6on6 Ladder
23rd August 20:00 WEST

Seriously? :D
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.