Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » Restrictions for matches

at galiathus
Restrictions for matches on 24.11.12 01:36, Last edited: 24.11.12 01:45
Dear Gamestv.org Crew,

I'd like to present my suggestion for matches which are shown on GTV:

The main reason why I am writing this is, that I regularly see matches with viewerpeaks of 0-3, which consist of players, who either noone ever heard of, noone cares about, or who are just simply not interesting to spectate, because they play on a very low level, and/or for other reasons. Usually those are the same players every day, who either (or at least it seems so to me) try to boost their ego, just want to feel important and other reasons. So I think a few better restrictions for them would prove themselves as beneficial.

New restrictions which should be added in my opinion:
The best (not laggining, stable) match servers should be reserved for the teams and players, which tend to gain a high viewer peak (for example 40+ viewers at the same time).
Teams and players who are expected to gain at (for example) at least 10 viewers at the same time but less than 40, should be able to use the remaining servers.
Teams and players who are expected to gain less than 10 viewers at the same time should only be able to play on their own ETTV-able servers.

The values of viewers to be expected should be calculated out of the average viewer peak of the teams (and optionally time/date -> important for example friday night), if a team has been registred recently, they should start with a value of 10 to 15.

Additionally to that, I want to suggest that every player, who is added to a lineup, should be registred on gamestv.org and linked, to avoid fake nicknames and as an additional parameter for calculating an expected viewer peak. If a player isn't linked he should be added with a value of 0. In other games than Enemy Territory this should be no problem, because they do not use the ETTV anyway.

I hope you are going to like my idea,

Have a nice day!
ro Stary
Yeahh let's finish ET :DDDD

ca embarrassed
As I already explained to you, there are exclusive servers for certain star ratings. Match servers will be available to all players because the resources are there (mainly the YCN servers) and its better to get some use out of the servers rather than make restrictions so people can't "boost their ego or try to feel important". As for your last point, I am certain there will be a great deal of people that simply cannot be bothered to link their account with all the many teams one plays in and there just really isn't any benefit to a system that isn't broken.
nl h3ll
Thanks for the effort, but things like this have been discussed more than once before and it was always clear that the majority simply wanted it to stay like it is. And as for the servers, we can't mark any server as "not lagging, stable", if there's nothing going on they should all be stable and not lagging.

The lineups linked to actual player profiles I like though, has been suggested before also but I can't remember why it didn't get pushed thru (eventhough if I would suggest it again the reply would be 'go code it', which might be exactly the same as the previous replies).
de skooli
Quote by h3llThe lineups linked to actual player profiles I like though, has been suggested before also but I can't remember why it didn't get pushed thru (eventhough if I would suggest it again the reply would be 'go code it', which might be exactly the same as the previous replies).

Not at all, that feature is simply impossible. Especially now while people are adding matches in different games we can't require the players to be registered if you want to add a lineup for those. And I don't want to have a split system where for game A all players need to be registered and added while in game B you can just add anything.
Moreover, we don't want to introduce new hurdles for requesting matches on gtv now. And all it would accomplish anyway is that nobody would fill in lineups anymore.

Edit: this was the short version btw, there's more but I gotta run
nl h3ll
Heh yer ok, didn't think about it that much, first line is enough explanation already why it's not possible and totally agree ofc :P
gb Kenzi
Stop trying Gali, you're just making a fool of yourself
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.