Forum » Smalltalk » Lets talk about ... » Foreign languages - should we care?

This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
fi Annu
"I prefer gtv not to care about the language people post in, i'll just skip over the pieces that i cant understand"

And yeah, the hiding possibility is really nice idea :) !
nl Flashy
I prefer gtv not to care about the language people post in, i'll just skip over the pieces that i cant understand
es sHEv
"I prefer gtv not to care about the language people post in, i'll just skip over the pieces that i cant understand"

That filter stuff may be so complicated, useless imo.
pt Void
Let people spam in their own language when it's a match between two teams of the same country. In international matches it could be enforced if you think it's a good idea - either way, I couldn't care less seeing as I ignore comments I don't understand.
ee Mini
we should not care
be siL-
nl arni
ok, from a quick count i get the following:

15 "let them spam's"
and
4 "make them speak english's"

that means we will not take any direct action against posting in foreign language

i'll keep looking into it and maybe bring a user defined language filter in the future so everyone can decide for himself

arni
de madi
Force english!

- It will avoid some spam (not all)

- It will make it easiere for everyone to browse through gtv

- Theres no reason why people should flame/write in other languages. If they want so, they can use IRC etc.
de cl4ym4n
Quote by madi- It will avoid some spam (not all)

Just because you can't understand it it doesn't mean that it's spam.
Especiall for the polaks its easier to discuss in polish since lots of them lack english skillz...
gb BaZ
"I would like for gtv to make sure all users compose their comments in english, if someone has something to say, then everybody should be able to read it"
nl zushi
If all the polaks have to speak english, it will be a mess :D
Imo:

de butchji
Foreign to what/whom?
ee piilu11
as long as it's not polish/some other ugly slavic language i don't care
pl phase
"I would like for gtv to make sure all users compose their comments in english, if someone has something to say, then everybody should be able to read it"

because my eyes bleed when I see stupid kids from my country as they spamming comments in Polish :(
de HeavyG
"I would like for gtv to make sure all users compose their comments in english, if someone has something to say, then everybody should be able to read it" :)
ca Titef
26.08.09 17:41, Last edited: 01.09.09 01:59
ee Ver$us
Nobody except polish themselves care about polish matches...So why not allow them use their language? +Their English is just..:XXXXDDD
de timen
I prefer gtv not to care about the language people post in, i'll just skip over the pieces that i cant understand"
us evilzombie
pl deact_12795
"Keep English on international matches (clans from different countries, or if one team is multinational), let them speak their language otherwise (eg. Polish in PL vs PL; German in DE vs AT)

Quote by butchjiForeign to what/whom?

he means 'languages other than English'. Do you have to ask?

Quote by arnii'll keep looking into it and maybe bring a user defined language filter in the future so everyone can decide for himself

i'd like to see the class filtering the language :) what about mistypings? what about multilanguage posts? what about server resources (such function would require serious extra memory and cpu)? :)
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.