Forum » Our Games » Enemy Territory » ETTV Problem

gb Desire2Fire
ETTV Problem on 27.03.09 19:06
Hello, i have recently got a ETTV server off our clan sponsor...only thing is he got it working and then went to fine tune the settings.....from that point it hasnt worked at all. he isant online that much currently and would really like some help in gettin the server setup asap as we were looking to use it for our 3v3 cup later 2nite.

all help would be very much appreciated
us Gero
use a server provided by GTV, there are alots of them free on a friday night...
gb Desire2Fire
it doesnt fix my problem though. really need some help with it. a couple of people have had a look at it and just cant get it workin even though at the start it did. would just like abit of help with it if their is some1 willing 2 help.
de skooli
turning a matchserver into an ettv capable matchserver is just adding 3 cvars and starting the ettv.x86 instead of the etded.x86, how can you break everything by "finetuning" ?

http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/ETTV:Server_Configuration#Installation_-_.22Master.22_.28gameserver.29
gb Desire2Fire
28.03.09 02:56, Last edited: 28.03.09 03:04
i have no idea. u should ask my sponsor about that and if it wasnt possible at all then i wouldnt be here asking for help
de skooli
you asked here for a solution, i posted the most simple tutorial of how to make your server ettv compatible
and now I should go ask your sponsor whats wrong?

i dont think so
gb Desire2Fire
28.03.09 13:36, Last edited: 28.03.09 14:00
i wasnt serious about that u prat. i had also looked at the guide and so had our sponsor but still no luck. Its quite obvious we would look at guides prior 2 asking for help.
de skooli
so what exactly is the problem, all youre saying is "it doesnt work"
de cl4ym4n
Why don't you simply uninstall the match- and ettv-server and reinstall them again following the wolfwiki-tutorial step by step?
gb Desire2Fire
the sponsor did do that but still no luck
gb Desire2Fire
its windows based as well, not linux if that helps
cz Santa-Claus
Quote by Desire2Fireits windows based as well, not linux if that helps

It's impossible to run ETTV compatible match server on Windows as far as I know. But ETTV itself should work...
gb Desire2Fire
we did have it working at 1 point and it showed a test 1v1 game that was going on but it was laggy. as soon as sponsor messed with some settings the server wont even start up. Just keeps saying server not responding.
de skooli
i just dont get what you want from us, should we guess what you changed that made it fail?
check your logs
gb Desire2Fire
Quote by skoolii just dont get what you want from us, should we guess what you changed that made it fail?
check your logs

well unlike u who seems 2 b acting like a right dick over this, others have contacted me and also had a look at our files/logs in the control panel and they cant work it out.

if ur still struggling to see what im after on this forum it is "help"

instead of picking out the obvious id rather u not comment as its not helping at all.
se Bitmap.se
Why don't you ask your "sponsor" to come here and ask for help instead, maybe he's smart enough not to insult one of the site admins. :P

Have you even said if you're running a master or slave? Which build of ETTV are you using?

It took me 10 seconds to find this thread:
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6529&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Which says "B13 is pretty broken on windows, I suggest trying the april10 build in my post above."
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.