Forum » Our Games » Enemy Territory » Help?!?

ca zarmati
Help?!? on 15.07.09 01:59
Hi my name is Zarmati. I've been playing ET for 3 years now and just now my friends told me that you can see pro's playing.
They told me to come to this site. I tried to watch a game by putting an I.P but when i try to connect it tells me VM_Create UI failed.
Im using a Mac with leaopord and I use the wolfensten 2.60d version. They also told me soemthing about asking for a replay but im not quite sure.

Sincerly ,

Zarmati
de cl4ym4n
First try the simple ways:

1. Try another server to watch a replay on.
The server you tried to watch the match could be b0rked or something. Just go to http://www.gamestv.org/schedule/ , click the -button, follow the instructions and try to watch the game on the selected server.

2. Clear your etpro/ folder
In case #1 didnt work, go to your installation-folder and remove every 3rd-party file in there. The error can also occure due to fucked up servermenus (serveradmins can create them theirselves e.g. to link their websites etc.)...

Make sure that those files remain in your etpro/ :
(click to zoom)

3. Repatch the game and download the latest etpro-version
Your installation might be corrupted, so download the required patches for mac and also the latest version of etpro (get it here: http://etpro.anime.net/download.html )

In case none of the solutions worked for you, tell us more details like:

- What match did you try to watch?
- What server was it you tried to watch on?
- Are your gfx- and sound-drivers up2date?

ehh...yeh... dunno more now :D
ca zarmati
Well I did all the steps. Nothing worked.
I did step #1 and it gave me the following I.P: 78.46.105.8:27961
As soon as I got on ET and put in the I.P Adress it crashed and gave me VM_create UI failed.

Then I did step #2 , I deleted my ETPro and got the newest one.
I got the game version 2.60d. I know that on a PC you have to get the ET 2.60 then update it to 2.60b. On my mac I just have to download the 2.60d and thats it or am i mistaken , do i have to get 2.60 first? There is not really a patch for it. Its just the game that has already been patched I suppose since it is already 2.60d.

I tried getting on the team-neft vs RETROTARDs game and the I.P above that has been given to me did not work

What server did I try to watch it on? ===> 78.46.105.8:27961 ???? (not sure what your asking :S)

How can I make sure that my gfx and my sound-drivers are up to date?

Thanks alot

Zarmati
gb Seanza
You should try to download the 2.60 update 1st , and then update to 2.60d.
pl phase
Quote by SeanzaYou should try to download the 2.60 update 1st , and then update to 2.60d.

2.60b !
ca zarmati
There isn't kind of really an update. You automatically download the version 2.60d. its not a seperate patch.
nl h3ll
Quote by zarmatiThere isn't kind of really an update. You automatically download the version 2.60d. its not a seperate patch.

not really, if you install ET its 2.55 or 2.60, u still have to update to 2.60b manually, which is only released as a zip file, theres no installer ^^
de skooli
The latest version for osx is in fact d, and there IS an installer for that:
http://www.gamestv.org/files/1216-wolfenstein-enemy-territory-os-x-2-60d/

(just to clear that up, i have no idea how to fix that error)
ca zarmati
H3ll and skooli , I have a mac... So the only thing i need to download in the 2.60d or am i mistaken? ( Do i need to get 2.60 then update the b then update to the d? if yes , how cause the 2.60d is a full game 260 mb about, its not a patch.)
I have the 2.60d. Everything is working fine except for ALL the EtPro Servers and the ETTV .
Ive read on a couple of sites that the installing might be corrupted like cl4ym4n said , it also says the solution is to delete anything realted to ET and then re-install it. But i've already done that , I think that it is the way I am installing is wrong , but on a mac the installing process and the un-installation process is just a matter of seconds so I don't know what I could be doing wrong

Thanks

Zarmati
cz Santa-Claus
There is no etpro version for Mac as far as I know from people using it. Maybe it's possible to run it on i386 Mac, but not on PowerPC.
se Bitmap.se
There is an Etpro version for PPC Mac, but it's not compatible with the universal binary (2.60 c or d) afaik. It may or may not work if you run an older version of ET (2.60), but then you'll probably get poor performance (Rosetta emulation) unless you have a PPC Mac.

(Not sure what kind of security holes you open up by going back to 2.60, or if it's even available anywhere.)

Ask your friends to record client demos of some of the best "pro" games, then try watching them with ETPub. :P
Bitmap.se deleted his own post (16.07.09 17:40)
gb msh100
If I remember right from my Mac, the latest version is 2.60d but there is a lot of problems with etpro, You should be able to get the mac version of the 2.60b patch which should work fine :)
nl Rickk
Install 2.60 and after that manually update to 2.60b. Should work I geuss!
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.