Forum » About GamesTV » GamesTV Coverage » New Feature: Match ratings

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
fi Sonight
Could you make the stars visible in My GBooky? Would be nice :)
You could put them for example to the left side, after the match date.
ch kazzam
http://www.gamestv.org/event/11447-kih-vs-verdiend/

3stars ? :D
es sHEv
I would rate matches in relation with its pot amount. The best matches have also the biggest amount of pot.
de sHiZo
Quote by Shevchenko_7I would rate matches in relation with its pot amount. The best matches have also the biggest amount of pot.

You can not be sure on that. What if someone with 348939439439 € bets 34394934€ on a rather non interesting match? Then the pot amount would be also high...
es sHEv
QuoteYou can not be sure on that. What if someone with 348939439439 € bets 34394934€ on a rather non interesting match? Then the pot amount would be also high...

Well yeah, but it's kinda weird that it happens :D
nl saKen
Quote by Shevchenko_7I would rate matches in relation with its pot amount. The best matches have also the biggest amount of pot.

also, matches which are requested "last-minute" will not have those pots regardless of being interesting or not.
es sHEv
Yep that's really a problem to be considered, but afaik you can mix few rating systems. So if we mix the 'pot-amount' function with the team stats it could be a good solution. ;o
de swine
rating should be based on the clicks for that match

Quote by kazzamhttp://www.gamestv.org/event/11447-kih-vs-verdiend/

3stars ? :D

actually it is worthy than just 3 stars...rtcw - KiH = top team!
nl arni
Quote by swinerating should be based on the clicks for that match
actually it is worthy than just 3 stars...rtcw - KiH = top team!

no it should be 2 stars, i've explained what we think about the stars in detail here:

http://www.gamestv.org/forum/6-gamestv-coverage/270-feature-revisited-freely-usable-matchservers/

(i've also adjusted a few values so this match ends up with 2 stars as it should be)
us Gero
http://www.gamestv.org/event/11513-mamut-si-vs-team-more-randoms/

2 stars? :DDD
nl arni
Quote by Gerohttp://www.gamestv.org/event/11513-mamut-si-vs-team-more-randoms/
2 stars? :DDD

Quote by arni0 stars - usually an uncare match, dont really know why its here
1 stars - your average ladder match, group phase tournament game - not a match for the masses but some will find it interesting - as most teams and ladders are in this category, there will always be the most matches here
2 stars - an interesting match that we recommend to our viewers - finals for small cups, elimination of larger cups will be here, maybe sometimes also fights for top ladder positions
3 stars - this is really and extraordinary match - you will not see many of these - thats intentional - a match like this usually has top teams playing in a top league/cup for a final or semifinal. It is absolutely intentional that 3 star matches are rare, so they are special.

you dont agree?
us Gero
Quote by arniyou dont agree?

lol come on arni, team more randoms, low+ max :s

then you could start rating bb vs jrp and bb vs infernal 2 stars aswell

(bb bashed mamut, remember? :D)
nl arni
Quote by Gerolol come on arni, team more randoms, low+ max :s

thats a cc6 match - the finest et lan event there is ...
us Gero
Quote by arni
thats a cc6 match - the finest et lan event there is ...

check schedule, both bb vs jrp and bb vs infernal are also CC6 matches ;)

in MY OPINION both of these matches are equal or even more interesting then mamut vs tmr

and btw, highlight the whole match and not the hour only ;)

ay nd now that i'm already whining and too lazto make a new thread, would it be possible to in some way add a icon to the schedule here on the right that you already did bet on that match?

yeah i know that you can check on what matches you did bet on the my gbooky page, but i some way it's not as handy as the shedule here on the right, since i go over them with my mouse and i can instantly see what league it is in the upper right corner, so it would be cool to have an icon that indicates that you already did bet on a match, so i don't have to click the same matches several times to see that i already did bet on them :D

just my 2 cents :D
nl arni
oh, then i have to make some things clear about the rating - its true that i wasnt clear about that before:

the stars are in no way related to "skill" of the playing teams - they rate "public interest" - so the more people (we think) will find that match interesting (based on previous statistical data) the higher the rating

so the match currently in question is rated high because si mamut.si usually draws attention AND the match is in a high quality league

maybe that clears things up

plus: all ratings are still subject to change, it not easy for us to predict a matches importance, thats why we adjust the rating once an hour

EDIT: as you can see in the 2 matches below, its not TMR that is creating the attraction to that match:
http://www.gamestv.org/event/11530-team-more-randoms-vs-desire/
http://www.gamestv.org/event/11529-team-more-randoms-vs-highbot-nsens/

---

about further customisation of the schedule: i think we have reached the top of the flagpole here for now - every bit of customisation costs us performance because it makes things more difficult to cache. The schedule will be completely reworked also in the near future - when that is done we might be able to implement more stuff also
pl phase
29.04.09 03:07, Last edited: 29.04.09 03:29
http://www.gamestv.org/event/11137-rockit-vs-charism-et/

only one star (1/2 Losers Brackets of my cup).

:(
pt shadz
i think we need More stars.. 5 stars will be fine.

0 stars - no1 cares :p
1 stars - ladder matchs/ small Cups
2 stars - Cb/ ESl low leagues
3 stars - Cb/Esl first divisions- etMastes (2nd league)
4 stars- EuroCup games/ETmasters (1s league) and nationsCups games
5 stars- Bests games (top LEague)

My opinion :P
nl arni
Quote by phaseonly one star (1/2 Losers Brackets of my cup).

i think that estimation is about correct - feel free proove us wrong by managing to get 2 stars (ranking isnt final, we update it constantly)

Quote by shadzi think we need More stars.. 5 stars will be fine.

we ofc value your opinion and thanks for your input - what i'm gonna keep against a 6 bucket ranking system though is the following:
after a few hours of consideration we decided to use a 4 bucket system (0 to 3 stars) because that can be grasped with just one quick look, no need to "count" or pay attention to it, you just see it instantly (at least i can see 0,1,2,3 stars without paying attention :p)

so unless there is overwhelming support for the 6 bucket idea that we cant ignore i think we'll stick with the 3 stars for now - sorry

arni
pt shadz
Quote by arni
Quote by phaseonly one star (1/2 Losers Brackets of my cup).

i think that estimation is about correct - feel free proove us wrong by managing to get 2 stars (ranking isnt final, we update it constantly)

Quote by shadzi think we need More stars.. 5 stars will be fine.

we ofc value your opinion and thanks for your input - what i'm gonna keep against a 6 bucket ranking system though is the following:
after a few hours of consideration we decided to use a 4 bucket system (0 to 3 stars) because that can be grasped with just one quick look, no need to "count" or pay attention to it, you just see it instantly (at least i can see 0,1,2,3 stars without paying attention :p)

so unless there is overwhelming support for the 6 bucket idea that we cant ignore i think we'll stick with the 3 stars for now - sorry

arni

Ok.. 3stars raking its good as well.

nice work
pl phase
Quote by arnii think that estimation is about correct - feel free proove us wrong by managing to get 2 stars (ranking isnt final, we update it constantly)

Imho it will be better if the admin(s) will manually give stars for each match.
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.