Forum » About GamesTV » GamesTV Coverage » 0/1 star servers

1. 1
  2. 2
mt Killerboy
0/1 star servers on 26.09.10 01:26, Last edited: 26.09.10 12:34
How come there are 10 0 star servers, 3 1 star servers and 0 2 & 3 star servers? This is sad.

http://www.gamestv.org/event/21392-ec-winners-vs-gamerz-connexion/
http://www.gamestv.org/event/21393-tag-vs-vibe/
http://www.gamestv.org/event/21394-fuzion-et-vs-interaction/
http://www.gamestv.org/event/21395-h-clan-poland-vs-interaction/
http://www.gamestv.org/event/21396-h-clan-poland-vs-fuzion-et/

these matches don't have a server and we also got 3 matches pending from ec qualifiers which will be added this morning, and there won't be a server avi.

OC/EC/EMS and (ECC Cup etc) started and the issue of lack of servers started again, leaving top matches without a server while some 0/1 star matches have. The activity will keep on increasing until spring and this will only get worse.

sort it out please
de cl4ym4n
There is nothing to sort out... we can't spawn matchservers out of the void and without the users and staff members who freely provide their matchservers to be used on GTV there wouldn't be any matchservers available at all.

First come, first served - and since it's sunday and all matches you've linked have less than 24 hours between request time and match time, it's no big surprise that no matchservers are available for those matches.

It's not our problem if the teams can't or, in fact, don't want to afford a few euros per month for a hosted matchserver.
mt Killerboy
Quote by cl4ym4nThere is nothing to sort out... we can't spawn matchservers out of the void and without the users and staff members who freely provide their matchservers to be used on GTV there wouldn't be any matchservers available at all.

First come, first served - and since it's sunday and all matches you've linked have less than 24 hours between request time and match time, it's no big surprise that no matchservers are available for those matches.

It's not our problem if the teams can't or, in fact, don't want to afford a few euros per month for a hosted matchserver.

what i am saying is that when there was a poll on cf, h3ll(?) stated that there are enough servers and coverage for the low skilled matches nobody will spec isn't a problem bcos there are enough servers for everyone, but now it seems like it is there isn't.

i also noticed that andyf1 just added 2 start servers (thanks!), but since these EC Matches are 1 star i'm not allowed to add the server to it, so could somebody add it to ecw - gzcon & tag-vibe please, and if you have any servers left add them to the remaining ec matchers i listed above
nl andyF1
I originally classified some of the matchservers I provide as for higher rated matches only but then between large competitions they lie unused with no higher rated matches taking place.
This is the reason why I re-classified my matchservers.

I have now added 2 extra 2* servers
de cl4ym4n
Quote by Killerboywhat i am saying is that when there was a poll on cf, h3ll(?) stated that there are enough servers and coverage for the low skilled matches nobody will spec isn't a problem bcos there are enough servers for everyone, but now it seems like it is there isn't.

No idea when that was....however, ever since i'm broadcaster i can't remember a single sunday where there was no lack of matchservers. Besides that, things change. The users take their servers offline (due whatever reason) and if nobody jumps in and provides 1 or 2 replacements, the number of freely available matchservers simply decreases, which means that the teams will have to take care of a matchserver themselves (that's basically the "we can't spawn matchservers out of the void"-thingy).

I mean... it's not like we're forced to provide any matchservers at all.
de skooli
Why doesn't the cb rent some servers if its a problem but rather relies on some volunteers to pay the bills?
mt Killerboy
Quote by skooliWhy doesn't the cb rent some servers if its a problem but rather relies on some volunteers to pay the bills?

very funny skooli

Quote by h3ll on 18/04/10, 12:16:27 PM | Reply Nothing money related, as stated below the poll; " 50 matches at the same time with a total of over 9000 viewer slots while over 100 matches could be watched on demand)."
Killerboy deleted his own post (26.09.10 15:50)
de skooli
that statistics of hell is only for our broadcasting capacities, matchservers are not included since that's not really our business - just providing a platform to others to provider their matchserver.
gb KAMZ
agree with Killerboy, EC matches > all
de w0nd3r
Good and reasonable point, but we can't force the server admins to edit their server details to our specifications.
The whole platform is based on voluntariness. Deal with it or/and get your own servers.
nl Quake90
I prefer putting my servers on 0 star... Simply because it Will be used more!! I would happily provide more servers if the demand was there... .? How Many servers are we talking About?
nl Quake90
Btw, you aren't even using any of my matchservers... So what is up with That?
Talking about Gamingplanet matchservers #1 & #2 ...
nl h3ll
I've set 'my' matchservers to 0 and 1 star, because else, PMCG, the clan that hosts 'my' servers, can't use these servers, while they want to, because they pay for it.
Anyway, I've set 1 of them to 2 stars, happy now?
mt Killerboy
thanks

i'd also like to ask what this error means:

Quote by LogsServer 3562 blew up when trying to connect - Machine can not bind to 78.129.194.10

i've noticed that it happens in quite some matches in the GTV Action logs section
nl andyF1
Quote by Quake90Btw, you aren't even using any of my matchservers... So what is up with That?

Top left corner of the server screen, they have been used, in total 12 matches.
nl Quake90
Quote by andyF1
Quote by Quake90Btw, you aren't even using any of my matchservers... So what is up with That?

Top left corner of the server screen, they have been used, in total 12 matches.

Not by kb, they can be used more tbh..
nl Quake90
so basicly he shouldn't complain.
de skooli
Quote by Killerboythanks

i'd also like to ask what this error means:

Quote by LogsServer 3562 blew up when trying to connect - Machine can not bind to 78.129.194.10

i've noticed that it happens in quite some matches in the GTV Action logs section

When adding the server you can select any ip of the server. if one of these ips becomes unavailable then this error gets raised, since it's not possible anymore to bind something to that ip. The serverowner would now need to edit the server and correct the ip to one that is currently available.
nl Quake90
added a third server, hope that's enough for ya! :P

use them^^
  1. 1
  2. 2
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.