Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » Ddos attacks

1. 1
  2. 2
gb KAMZ
Ddos attacks on 05.10.10 21:57, Last edited: 05.10.10 23:08
Is anything ever gonna happen about this or not? Have you tried to do anything to prevent it?

I am of course talking about the denial of service attacks on the big matches and although it's not just gtv servers that it's happening to, end of the day you do provide a service for the spectators and when the matches are not watchable and players are having to leave to play on private servers, both parties will suffer..

This shit is killing the game.
mt Killerboy
Firstly only GTV High Admins (not requesters) should see ip/pw along with the league admins of the match.
So if its a CB Match, only CB admins & GTV High Admins should see the ip/pw, broadcasters don't need this info at all, same for ESL matches, ESL Admin + GTV High Admins only!

Then you need to fix this SL issue, their crew/policy is fucking retarded and they are too braindead to understand that if i don't want my server to be listed on their shit website, they should remove it.

After that we need to see if the ddos still happens and act from there.
nl Quake90
I do understand what you mean Killerboy, but i'm a proud ETTVd user, and I need acces to the ip's and passwords. since i have to add mine manually.
and sometime when GTV is having an error i do have to see what password is set on my server, so i can ( if needed ) edit the password myself..

apart from that. We just need to strengthen the policy of Broadcasters. As far as i know we don't accept new broadcasters anymore. which is great! but in my opinion. not everyone should have broadcaster status.
And i don't want to be a snitch... but i have to. some people are abusing their rights as Broadcasters... I mean that they are requesting ip's and passwords while they don't even need to...
we have to remove their broadcaster status! May be then we don't have the DDos attacks anymore.

Very annoying that this is happening... this is just screwing up the game... Damn.
nl saKen
maybe add a function that also hides the IP of a matchserver (same as with the passwords) so you atleast see which "trusted" user has checked the ip, in case he didn't have anything to do there, confront.
nl Quake90
Quote by saKenmaybe add a function that also hides the IP of a matchserver (same as with the passwords) so you atleast see which "trusted" user has checked the ip, in case he didn't have anything to do there, confront.

could be a solution, but you still have the problem that most important ettv matches are allways played on the same IP. so it's actually useless... unless you change ip's more frequently. i guess

damnit this all shouldn't have to.. if we know who does it we can confront him/her the coder or whatever..
isn't there a way we can trace the guy(s) doing this?
nl saKen
angry nerd with proxy, doubt there's much that can be done about it ^^
nl Quake90
there must be something...
nl Quake90
may be an automatic kick system of kicking people who use more bandwith than they need to...

cause a DDos attack is caused by a overuse of bandwith ( misspelled btw? ) right? so automatically kicking/disconnecting the one using too much bandwith must be a solution?

just thinking out loud
nl h3ll
06.10.10 12:15, Last edited: 07.10.10 14:33
no. no. no.

if you start thinking about this, think about iptables, filtering EVERY SINGLE packet, blablabla, hf.
ee h3ll deleted this post of ee Popidiot (07.10.10 14:33)
mt h3ll deleted this post of mt Killerboy (07.10.10 14:33)
be h3ll deleted this post of be Tincampi (07.10.10 14:34)
nl h3ll deleted this post of nl Quake90 (07.10.10 14:34)
us h3ll deleted this post of us Edgar (07.10.10 14:34)
nl h3ll deleted this post of nl essAh (07.10.10 14:34)
nl h3ll
this thread is about the ddos and possible solutions from now on (again) :p
mt Killerboy
Please hide all servers ips from here:

- http://www.gamestv.org/server/list/all
- http://www.gamestv.org/event/add/*

At the moment you can only hide the matchserver password & ettv password, please do this for the IP

Only leave the servername visible to the public, if your server doesn't track to sl, it should be almost impossible to find your server.
de ng
Quote by h3llthis thread is about the ddos and possible solutions from now on (again) :p

trolling is a art.
ch BlackJack
Would it be possible to setup a fake server? So basically you have a server with 10 clients connecting with the same names as the original players. I know its a ressource nightmare but I can't think of anything else beside trying to hide the ips.
gb Jamie
shit is still happening, i hope something is being worked on and it's not being ignored..
  1. 1
  2. 2
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.