Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » 3on3 spam

1. 1
  2. 2
pl Robert
3on3 spam on 08.03.12 19:10
With all the 3on3 useless low flood here's an idea:reserve GTV servers for 6on6 games ONLY. Just like Baserace servers support was revoked same should happen to 3on3. Want a game? Get your own server.

I have spoken.

inb4 hate

Thread inspired by gbMsh100's annoyance.
gb msh100
We NEED a method of restricting resources per league
gb stKz
since when is 3on3 cb ladder "useless low flood"?
pl Robert
Then again you can just make a rule, make all the admins, assistants and mentals follow it that 3on3 game can only be accepted if they add their own gameserver instead of using one from GTV. If they fail to do so withing 3 hours from request time then game=removed.

An idea for a start.
gb msh100
Quote by stKzsince when is 3on3 cb ladder "useless low flood"?

Since the spam of games by 2/3 teams ...
gb stKz
people enjoy watching 3on3s though, i personally don't see the problem? sadly they are the ones helping keep ET alive lol
gb Artstar
you can impliment some limit for sure but, the 3on3 matches are keeping a lot of activity in ET atm so I wouldn't go so drastic as to not support them with servers.. there have been like 450+ 3on3 officials in the last 30 days or at least the last time I looked, it's fucking insane and nothing to be pissed off at.

also calling 3on3 useless is hilarious.. activity isn't useless. restricting servers is the dumbest idea I've ever heard, setting limits is a completely different thing though and I do agree on it, there are too many ETTV matches accepted but people do enjoy to watch them!
pl Robert
you saying that without ETTV the 3on3 ladder will die? :x cannot they play without the attention? "hey guys look, we're active in 3on3, we save ET"

wow, this actually sounds familliar, doesn't it stray?
gb Artstar
I'm not saying every match should be on ETTV, in fact I disagree with it completely. but people enjoy to watch matches of highskillers so I don't see the problem in most cases..
gb msh100
Quote by Artstarrestricting servers is the dumbest idea I've ever heard

I actually think that's the best way to manage it, they can use their own servers don't forget! Especially when there are like 50 games on one evening ^^
pl Robert
I think that highskillers should have no problem with getting servers. Goku is always there to lick some ass.
pl fanatic
or maybe admins shouldnt accept 3on3 CB/ESL LADDER games between 20-23 (when 6on6 games are mostly played). 3on3 offis in the afternoon or at late hours ain't a problem I guess. ETTV servers are available anyway so what's the problem if it's used for 3on3 cb games and 30-50 people can watch some med/highskillers playing 3on3s.
pl Robert
fanatic afraid to lose gtv servers
de mental
Playing 3on3's with around 30 viewers per day keeps this game alive, I don't get it why you always have to flame. I already gave some ideas to the admins, if it's really needed I guess it'll be used. Stop flaming the whole day
pl Robert
someone non-biased has to give opinion here, only 3on3 lovers screaming in here.
gb Artstar
pretty balanced since you hate 3on3. besides, decisions shouldn't be made by outsiders (e.g. you, someone who probably never played a 3on3).

Quote by msh100I actually think that's the best way to manage it, they can use their own servers don't forget! Especially when there are like 50 games on one evening ^^

I kinda understand it but honestly, I have no access to servers and I think it's the same for most people who are only interested in playing 3on3s, not everyone can be bothered to buy servers and nobody would sponsor a 3on3 team :P
pl Robert
Decision should be made by GTV admin and that's that. Don't get too cocky.
gb Artstar
I'm not getting cocky? I don't even count myself as an admin, because I'm not. :D decisions shouldn't be enforced, they should be looked over and questioned by people before being implimented. that's why you're a shitty admin.
pl Robert
Did I say OMFG MAKE DECISION NOW, KILL THEM ALL OMFG NOWWWWWWWWWW? jesus tapdancing christ, stop flaming, you're the shitty admin by doing that
gb msh100
Quote by Artstarpretty balanced since you hate 3on3. besides, decisions shouldn't be made by outsiders (e.g. you, someone who probably never played a 3on3).

Quote by msh100I actually think that's the best way to manage it, they can use their own servers don't forget! Especially when there are like 50 games on one evening ^^

I kinda understand it but honestly, I have no access to servers and I think it's the same for most people who are only interested in playing 3on3s, not everyone can be bothered to buy servers and nobody would sponsor a 3on3 team :P

Okay, so why should we have to use our resources (our £££!) when we could be providing for games which are more popular? :)
  1. 1
  2. 2
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.