Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » A thought..

1. 1
  2. 2
gb KAMZ
A thought.. on 23.07.12 03:06, Last edited: 23.07.12 03:56
Now I know this idea is very extreme and has almost 0% chance of acceptance but I wanted to suggest it anyways.

Me and somebody were talking about this earlier on comms.. ET is a small game. Why can't it be like it was in the past where only the "good" matches get broadcasted on ETTV? So anytime somebody actually plays on it, it actually means something..

Nowadays every match can be broadcast and most end up having less than ten viewers, what is the point?

Only broadcasting significant matches (i don't just mean top, also a 5th division FINAL or something) would make it a privilege to play on ETTV. This also increases the viewer peak for the "big" matches that I am sure outsiders look at from time to time.

Just a thought.

P.S. I would be happy to be somebody who handles requests and decides whether to accept/reject as I've always had nothing but praise for this site.
fr Kartez
its small already why u wanna make it smaller than before

with 5 games per weeks u rly think its a good idea? gg
gb KAMZ
23.07.12 03:37, Last edited: 23.07.12 03:44
yup

what is the sense in ettv for other matches exactly? explain to me the advantage? so they don't get to play on ettv with 5-10 viewers? come on..

imagine just one-two matches on a sunday, everybody will be excited about it and it will mean so much more, like the old days :\

it also gives motivation to teams in lower leagues i.e. if they make it to semi final or final, their match will be casted on ettv
fr mamouth
maybe restrict the number of matches each hour :
like 5 matches from 20:00 to 23:00

but I don't think it's a good idea
de SPU9
sure you ahve an point but think about those 5-10 viewers...i mean i played some ettv games with my team and we just had 10 viewers but 5 of them were some friends who wanted to spec our team...if you dont allow such matches friends cant spec...

one could think about adding "lower" not so intersting games to gtv means you just can invite x amount of people to the server/share the ip directly to their gtv profile..so the match will not be shown on the mainpage but just to your nearest friends...and they can share to their friends ... and the big games got covered on the main page/are visible for all visitors...

but I dont care if the system remains like it is nowadays...imo it is good to have a choice between all the games...
nl h3ll
This is a neverending discussion so I'm sorry if it sounds rude that I cba to think about it that deep, it won't change anyway that's for sure, I don't see it as a good thing to go back and take things away from people which we gave them before.
gb KAMZ
friends can always spec matches on the match server too

im sure for example people are interested in the matches in evo challenge from last night, and they've disappeared from recent events within a few hours of it being played, and this is of course due to the crazy amount of matches on a sunday
be KevinVerhulst
you're right but it will never change

etplayers hate change, etplayers suck

/thread
fr Rashomon
Adding the ability to hide 0-1 star matches from the upcoming broadcasts list would be good and should not be that hard to implement.
nl h3ll
Quote by KevinVerhulstyou're right but it will never change

etplayers hate change, etplayers suck

/thread

Ehm, I kind of disagree there, I indeed see a lot of players hating changes (never accepting new games) but something which is also happening a lot in this community is that it's never good enough and they always want changes, like for example this change, 5on5 back to 6on6, back to 5on5 again and blablabla :X
pt thepanzer
Baggiez > KAMZ
de eRRoRR
I actually agree to kamz. weird feeling
gb Feweks
Quote by Kamz This also increases the viewer peak for the "big" matches that I am sure outsiders look at from time to time.

don't agree. Many newcomers starts watching other games just because they watched their friends playing in some low match. Limiting amount of matches will also limit amount of viewing page per day and it will make this site and this game even less popular.

btw.
how to judge which match is "big"? EC play off match between 2 medskilled eu teams might have lower viewer peak than random polish 3o3 battle :P
gb KAMZ
I see both sides of the argument indeed, I am not narrow-minded. I still stand by my opinion. Only allowing semi-finals and finals of "lower" divisions gives them teams something to be motivated for.
us ceres3
I've been saying that for a long time. It is one way to keep the interest up. With only 1-2 matches per day, people might actually be interested in watching ETTV again. Now it's just horrible, any team can be on ETTV, especially the horrible 3v3,2v2 matches that are just... lol
us litoriousJ
Agree with you KAMz mate.
be xArQi
oh dude yeah why not even more dont give the "less" good teams anything for fun to play for
When low+ teams search opponent in warchannel they get some med/+ teams that can't find some of their own skill

if u do things like this u are going on a nice way to gib ET!

gtfo rly

this doenst make sense at all. Then u have a full week of no matches!
gb KAMZ
It gives those teams more to play for. Because then they want to try their best to get to the latter stages of tournaments in order to get ETTV attention.
fr sNATCHji...
Kamz.....
Stop taking this game too seriously ;/

PS: all>Kamz
be xArQi
Quote by KAMZIt gives those teams more to play for. Because then they want to try their best to get to the latter stages of tournaments in order to get ETTV attention.

lol like they arent playing on their best to win
who wants to lose an offi?
Why would you even game if you want to lose
ur statement doenst make sense
  1. 1
  2. 2
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.