Forum » Our Games » Enemy Territory » Problem with watching ettv matches

nl xxxyz
Problem with watching ettv matches on 27.08.09 22:50
Hi,

I just installed et again and wanted to watch a match. That didn't work. When I try to connect to an ettv server I get the error; incorrect et.exe version. How can I fix this?

[2]Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Win32 2.60b Patch patches Enemy Territory (win) to the latest versio... 1 5.54 Mb 27.01.08
[1]Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Win32 2.60 The latest full version (win) of the popular freew...
I just downloaded [1] and updated with [2]. Also have I installed the latest? etpro version(3.2.6). What else do I need to do, or did I do something wrong already.

Some help is appreciated.
us Gero
sure you did overwrite the files the right way when extracting the 2.60b patch?

as far as i know there is no EXE installer from the 2.60b patch avi, so you have to extract some rar over your original files

however if you just extract it to your ET dir it will create the same dir structure there like inside the rar file, so it could be the 2.60b files are somewhere in your ET dir and you still need to overwrite them with the original ones

gl hf
de cl4ym4n
Quote by Geroas far as i know there is no EXE installer from the 2.60b patch avi

The 2.60 patch is an executable file itself, tho this is just the patch. ET 2.55 still has to be installed before patching.

xxxyz... either patch it once again with 2.60 first and then 2.60b or uninstall ET and get the UltimateInstaller at http://etui.kashu.fr/ which includes a fully patched ET with the most common league-maps etc.
us Gero
Quote by cl4ym4n
Quote by Geroas far as i know there is no EXE installer from the 2.60b patch avi

The 2.60 patch is an executable file itself, tho this is just the patch. ET 2.55 still has to be installed before patching.

Yes, like you said 2.60 is an executable, however 2.60b isn't, it's a rar file
And no, 2.55 doesn't need to be installed before applying 2.60

Quotexxxyz... either patch it once again with 2.60 first and then 2.60b or uninstall ET and get the UltimateInstaller at http://etui.kashu.fr/ which includes a fully patched ET with the most common league-maps etc.

and (IMO!) ultimateinstaller suxx, no registry keys, only gave me errors and problems with PB and shizzle, but like i said, that's my opinion =)
de cl4ym4n
Quote by GeroYes, like you said 2.60 is an executable, however 2.60b isn't, it's a rar file

Did i say something else? :D

QuoteAnd no, 2.55 doesn't need to be installed before applying 2.60

Sure it does... the 2.60 patch itself is just around 5.5mb in size... or do you think the pak0.pk3 (220+ mb) is compressed to the max? X_X

Quoteand (IMO!) ultimateinstaller suxx, no registry keys, only gave me errors and problems with PB and shizzle, but like i said, that's my opinion =)

...just because you fail with computers >:P
us Gero
QuoteAnd no, 2.55 doesn't need to be installed before applying 2.60

Sure it does... the 2.60 patch itself is just around 5.5mb in size... or do you think the pak0.pk3 (220+ mb) is compressed to the max? X_X

WolfET.exe: ftp://ftp.games.skynet.be/spool1/games/wolfenstein/WolfET.exe (nice linking here on GTV? :xx)
2.60 patch: ftp://ftp.games.skynet.be/spool1/games/wolfenstein/ET_Patch_2_60.exe
2.60b patch: http://filebase.wolfmap.de/ET/Patches/ET-2.60b-win32.zip

go test, works perfectly and it's not a "ultimateinstaller" since it are the real install files and not some pre-installed bulsshit :p

Quoteand (IMO!) ultimateinstaller suxx, no registry keys, only gave me errors and problems with PB and shizzle, but like i said, that's my opinion =)

...just because you fail with computers >:P

sure bro...
nl xxxyz
as (obv) I fail with computers Ill do it the way Gero said in his last post. Just to be sure Ill be uninstalling everything first, doesn't take long to download anyway. And the maps etc Ill download from servers which usually goes at a decent speed!

Thank u both for the quick replys :)!

***Edit; whoops, neither of those links is working, even if I change the first 2's "ftp://" into http://. Anyway, I know the prob so Ill download them elsewhere.
nl xxxyz
Ok got it fixed. Thanks again!

Any place u can find some decent player cfgs?
in eshan
ur wish comes true here :)
de w0nd3r
Quote by (EShAn)ur wish comes true here :)

out of date!
us Gero
Quote by w0nd3r
Quote by (EShAn)ur wish comes true here :)

out of date!

your mom is out of date :D
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.