Forum » About GamesTV » GamesTV Coverage » Problem with replays

fi Palikka
Problem with replays on 14.01.09 18:46
Every replay I try to watch has the same problem, maps are in strange order. I've watched around 5 replays already and I have had the problem with all of them, usually the second map is viewed first, then decider if there is one and the first map is last. It's a bit annoying especially if you want to watch it with some shoutcast. Is this intended? I don't see any other forum posts about this same problem.

Any help is appreciated
de cl4ym4n
Some more info on the matches / ettv-server(s) would increase the chance to find a solution for your problem... :P
us Gero
I believe skooli / arni said something like:

"I couldn't care less"

when i told them :D
nl andyF1
Quote by GeroI believe skooli / arni said something like:

"I couldn't care less"

when i told them :D

@ Gero - A bit negative for a GTV staff member don't you think!

@ Palikka - As cl4ym4n says we would need to know the match and which ettv server you were viewing to investigate further.
us Gero
Quote by andyF1@ Gero - A bit negative for a GTV staff member don't you think!

If i was at home i could show you logs, which i can't now :<
de skooli
Doesn't make it better, Gero. And if at all you quoted out of context.

The reason behind this is that it's not "our" (GamesTV's) responsibility what happens on the replayer. We just established a system to "talk" to replay servers and arrange for certain replays to be started, the only thing we get back is the ip address which we show the requestee, everything else is out of our hands.
Thus it's a problem of the replay server, not a problem of GamesTV since there is nothing we can do about it.

This is also why we need to know which replay server it was, so we can do the only possible thing: talk to the replay server hoster and try to resolve it.
gb bira
@skooli:
All replay servers have the same problem I think because I always get the last map played first, example: http://www.gamestv.org/event/8892-netherlands-vs-estonia/
Grush was the last map, and therefore after the map I have to wait 5min before the tv-servers disconnected.

I remember that I have watched the NL - EST match on matrix alliance server where it was in the wrong order.. But as I said before, all replays I have requested past month have been this way.
nl arni
this could be a flaw in ETTVd when demos are not in the right order in the directory (for a reason that i cant really think of)

so i ask all ETTVoD users to look for this line: @list($name) = @file(DEMODIR."/".$game."/name.txt"); in their ettvd.php - its line 614 for me, but there are numberous hacks and changes around that might change it.

If you have found the line, add sort($demos); in the next or previous or even the same line and restart ETTVd - this should keep demos in order at all times.

arni
nl andyF1
22.01.09 20:15, Last edited: 24.01.09 02:09
done my two servers, just waiting to restart 2nd later

** Edit **

Done
pl wielkiszu
devilry - ee 1st, 3rd, 2nd on pure ettv 3
be Anaconda
fixed on my ettvd :)
de DeVito
mine is fixed aswell.
pl wielkiszu
anal's ettv 3.7 - half of goldrush Poland - Estonia
be Anaconda
Quote by wielkiszuanal's ettv 3.7 - half of goldrush Poland - Estonia

Mmmm ... i fixed my ettvd though ....

Arni ? :s any ideas ?
nl arni
Quote by AnacondaArni ? :s any ideas ?

i dont even understand what he's trying to say oO
nl Ameno
oO (A)
pl deact_12795
I think he meant something like there's only half of goldrush in the demo.
Well, do not expect too much of an English from the Polish guy called Wielki Szu (Great 'Szu') :P
deact_12795 deleted his own post (23.02.09 02:29)
pl Rhand.
kai.eyeshoot.de rep8 Replay: NC IX: Netherlands vs Germany Map: 1 Played on: 2006.04.23
Server IP 188.40.41.214:27967

http://www.gamestv.org/event/328-netherlands-vs-germany/

Plays the 3rd map first. Took at least 8 minutes to get the first map started, disconnected at that point cos I couldn't be arsed waiting even longer.
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.