Forum » About GamesTV » Ideas » A thought..

1. 1
  2. 2
gb KAMZ
Motivation is a key ingredient for success.
ee lNdr
for lows they might wanna see what they did wrong etc.
Its good to spec urself and watch.
So dno wrong idea
ca RaNA!
I actually agree, with kamz. I believe it is taking up the bandwidth and the disk space of games tv anyways.. I believe the last time I talked with one of the gtv admins, they were complaining about the space is being taken up by useless matches that has like 1-5 viewers... so it will make it unique too.. btw when is cod4 broadcast comin ?
ca RaNA!
Quote by lNdrfor lows they might wanna see what they did wrong etc.
Its good to spec urself and watch.
So dno wrong idea

/record
nl PHOTOSYNTHESIS
great idea m8! also lets switch back to 5on5 to increase player activity!!
KAMZ deleted his own post (24.07.12 04:46)
gb KAMZ
26.07.12 00:28, Last edited: 26.07.12 03:15
At least do something to highlight the bigger matches more. Even lower leagues, if I knew there was some final of a lower division, I might tune in to watch. But I don't click all the matches I see, only the teams that I know..

Make a feature that's more effective than the current one and then get somebody active to move matches there, I can do it np.
nl h3ll
Quote by KAMZAt least do something to highlight the bigger matches more. Even lower leagues, if I knew there was some final of a lower division, I might tune in to watch. But I don't click all the matches I see, only the teams that I know..

Make a feature that's more effective than the current one and then get somebody active to move matches there, I can do it np.

Features like this, that require manual work wont get added anyway. Easiest thing to do is to split the OC league on gtv in divisions, so you can simply subscribe to a division instead of to the whole OC league. I hope you're aware that you're able to subscribe to teams and leagues..? back2bed zzzzzzzz
gb KAMZ
Subscribing to leagues only adds the matches to your playlist right?

There needs to be somethlng else imo :<
de skooli
Quote by KAMZSubscribing to leagues only adds the matches to your playlist right?

There needs to be somethlng else imo :<

It highlights the matches in the upcoming box and the calendar
gb KAMZ
27.07.12 01:29, Last edited: 27.07.12 01:43
it's not truly effective though

for example, in the upcoming featured box right now, you have a bunch of random 3on3 matches

also an example, colt45 vs ovr is not even bold atm, bsturz iya should be also
nl h3ll
Then you subscribe to colt45 and to bsturz because you obviously want these in bold .. It's all a users choice, I bet there are ppl who don't want ovr bsturz and col45 bold but e.g. bla1 and ble3, that's why we have the option to subscribe to specific leagues and teams.
gb KAMZ
28.07.12 19:32, Last edited: 28.07.12 19:39
people should not have to subscribe to teams to see these matches in bold, clearly they are the bigger matches (ovr-colt45, bsturz-iya and mpg-jb) and so they should be in bold to any user, whether they have subscribed or not because they might not even be logged in for example.. most if not all of the community of course wants the bigger matches in bold because these are the matches that attract the most viewers? easy logic.

your comment im afraid makes no sense at all, that's like saying some people might not like the site layout so it must be changed
de w0nd3r
Your thought has been rejected. :-D
gb KAMZ
Yes I already knew that it would not get implemented anyways but still, there needs to be improvements made and it's quite clear from the feedback on here and on crossfire that the community would like a better system to highlight important matches.
nl h3ll
04.08.12 11:08, Last edited: 04.08.12 11:15
Quote by KAMZpeople should not have to subscribe to teams to see these matches in bold, clearly they are the bigger matches (ovr-colt45, bsturz-iya and mpg-jb) and so they should be in bold to any user, whether they have subscribed or not because they might not even be logged in for example.. most if not all of the community of course wants the bigger matches in bold because these are the matches that attract the most viewers? easy logic.

your comment im afraid makes no sense at all, that's like saying some people might not like the site layout so it must be changed

Lol, "that's like saying some people might not like the site layout so it must be changed", that's exactly what you're doing ? You don't like the current amount of matches and you only want to see the 'good' matches, which is basically the same, or even worse because you just want to get rid of the noobie teams? I wonder how you would think about this if you would be a low+ player yourself :/

We gave you (and other users) the option to show 40 upcoming matches in the box, you haven't even set it to max. but you dont like the way we show the matches. If you would simply set it to 40, add your special teams and leagues to favs, you have all you want. I have a feeling that this is something more personal from you (and sorry but that's just the attitude that you've built up during the years) that you really just want people with your skill or higher shown on ETTV.

The "ettv was special" comment you can save me this time, I've played all my matches with fayntic on ettv (seventh league, 2006). This poll is from 2 years ago (when you or someone else also started this discussion): http://www.crossfire.nu/polls/458/gamestvorg-overcoverage and I'm not sure what you base it on that stuff needs to be changed, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of people also said "nothing has to change" in your journal, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if the comments of an EC player have more value to you than a 7th div player.

no offense btw ^^
gb KAMZ
04.08.12 16:42, Last edited: 04.08.12 16:48
The point you're forgetting is, it's not just my opinion. The majority of people would like to see a better system. So my argument earlier about the site layout, was referring to a minority of people wanting a change forcing its implementation. Viewer peaks alone suggest to you where the interests lie.

And like I said, adding teams and leagues is pretty much pointless. For example, you get new teams in ET all the time and I don't want to watch all of their squash matches vs lower skilled teams. Also, a lot of the leagues contain matches that people are not interested in.
KAMZ deleted his own post (04.08.12 16:47)
gb Kenzi
plus 1
nl h3ll
Quote by KAMZThe point you're forgetting is, it's not just my opinion. The majority of people would like to see a better system. So my argument earlier about the site layout, was referring to a minority of people wanting a change forcing its implementation. Viewer peaks alone suggest to you where the interests lie.

And like I said, adding teams and leagues is pretty much pointless. For example, you get new teams in ET all the time and I don't want to watch all of their squash matches vs lower skilled teams. Also, a lot of the leagues contain matches that people are not interested in.

I'm not forgetting that, I showed you the poll and like I said, it's not that the majority wants it changed atm..? Either way, manual input (like manually adding teams to some kind of group that should get highlighted) wont ever happen anyway because there won't be stuff coded that requires manual input, even if I personally want it, skooli and arni would never code it. Someone needs to come up with a decent idea on how to have this stuff changed, else nothing will change for sure.
  1. 1
  2. 2
This Thread is closed and cannot be commented on anymore.